Content Marketing Specialist – Chicago Area
JDK Technologies is a next-generation software development company helping mid-level businesses become digital-first organizations. We offer consultative services in digital strategy design and implementation, technology needs assessment, innovation discovery, and product development. Our core competencies are security & privacy, payment solutions, cloud architecture, big data solutions, process automation, implementation of intelligent agents such as IoT, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
What differentiates JDK from other technology vendors is our True Systems methodology which applies Systems Thinking to the practice of Agile software development. Systems Thinking is a framework that views everything as a system that is comprised of interdependent and interconnected elements. The interactions of these elements determine the performance of the whole system. Within the context of software development, JDK applies this framework to each client project to understand their business as a whole and develop complementary solutions that have meaningful impact and add strategic value to the organization’s digital transformation efforts.
People & Culture
JDK is a group of innovation enthusiasts. We are creative analytical product strategists, solutions architects, engineers, and thought leaders. We’re an agile organization passionate about turning our clients’ ideas into high-performing software solutions.
JDK is hiring a content marketing specialist to assist in the development of content that positively impacts corporate marketing and sales initiatives around awareness, lead generation, conversions, and nurturing. This role will report to the senior marketing manager and maintain a close working relationship with the CEO and the product management team.
• Generate a minimum of 3+ blogs per week covering a wide range of topics including, but not limited to technology, digital innovation, business transformation, digital strategy, technology-driven disruption, industry trends, emergent technologies, company news and initiatives
• Run and manage social media including, but not limited to, devising a cohesive social media strategy that aligns with corporate marketing initiatives for awareness, acquisition, and retention
• Develop effective content that moves the needle on lead generation and referral traffic from multiple online and offline sources
• Tracking and reporting of related content marketing efforts to illustrate the impact on lead generation, conversion, and opportunities
• Support other ad hoc copywriting tasks as necessary
• Generate new content ideas and topics that are in line with the company’s goals and direction
The ideal candidate
• Has 5+ years of content development and copywriting experience, with 3+ years of experience in the technology space
• Have a shareable portfolio of recent work not older than 2 years old
• Is an experienced blogger that follows current best blogging practices
• Can quickly learn the brand story, our True Systems philosophy, and be able to write about it in a concise and compelling way
• Understands the nuances of content marketing on blogs vs. social media like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
• Proactively engages readers on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram with a deep understanding of brand compliance and the social etiquette of each channel
• Track, analyze and measure content performance beyond vanity metrics
• Develop content that moves the needle on lead generation, conversions, and referral traffic
• Works well under pressure and with small teams
• Is comfortable working remote, and remain engaged with the team
• Is adaptable, flexible and an outside the box thinker and doer
• Is an idea-generator and executes on those ideas if they’re viable
Benefits and Thrills of working at JDK Technologies
At JDK, we move quickly, hiring top talent that knows how to get the job done effectively and efficiently. We value employee expertise, placing trust and confidence in each team member’s abilities, skills, and knowledge. We focus on outcomes, ensuring streamlined operations and processes to give you the most time to be productive towards your tasks. And we support work independence, giving employees the freedom to work hours when their most productive, and to be problem-solvers.
If this sounds like an experience you want to be a part of, we’d love to meet you.
• A Market-Competitive Salary
• Medical and dental benefits for you and your family
• 401K Retirement plans + matching (rare in today’s average compensation packages)
• AD&D, Life, STD and LTD Insurance
• A flexible monthly allowance for personal development via a company credit card
• Flexible working hours and schedule
• Work remotely. No commute
• Opportunity for personal and professional growth in a strategic role
• Positive work environment